View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:50 AM       
Guys, I just made an awesome post for this thread. However, I tried to open a new tab to check something, but refreshed the screen instead and thus lost my work.

This happened in two different incarnations of the awesome post. I hit ctrl+r instead of ctrl+t twice in the frame of a few minutes.

To wit, I opened this CL ad: http://bloomington.craigslist.org/grd/628060680.html because I was fascinated that someone would offer anything with a price variable like "free or $10", as if there was some room for fluctuation in opinion of what was the better deal. But for a goose, I thought that free or $10 were BOTH offers I couldn't ignore.

To sidetrack the long missive I originally wrote about why I'd like to buy a goose to kill, cook, and eat, I'll just say that it's a nice idea I'd like to undertake but probably won't. Even if in the future I don't have the liberty to choose between paying nothing for a goose or paying $10 for it, more opportunities for geese will certainly come in my future.

Anyways. Reading the ad, I decided that what I SHOULD do in the interest of sealing my name in the annals of asshole history is this: I should buy enough geese to constitute a flock and offer ample evidence of their existence such that I could get the goose in question for free. Immediately upon receipt of the free goose, I would kill, cook, and eat that goose with proper video documentation to give the farmer. The rest of the geese I would keep as pets. Perhaps I would send the farmer sporadic updates about how healthy and happy my pet geese are with frequent references to my having eaten his pet.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT