View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:36 PM       
I had to dig this up for reference for a friend who was complaining about feeling like she needed to censor herself in college papers about sexuality. I wrote it four years ago for a social science class in the school that developed the working methods of sociology, verily inventing sociology as a unique line of study. Hence, "the Chicago School of Sociology". I mention this to impress that I was graded by people who take this stuff very seriously.

------------------------------------

“Getting fucked is both clouded and intensified by shame,” as was evidenced by the fact that while many homosexuals claimed to take the active role in anal intercourse, an impossibly scant fraction admitted to being the receptor. (W. 212) Warner was not ambiguous in making his contention that the vast majority of sexual shame is unmerited. “In the realm of sex, more than in any other area of human life,” Warner testified, “shame rules.” (W. 17) Warner ushers in this point by many means, not excluding verbiage—he did not cower from including fist-fucking, strap-ons, and barebacking in his lexicon. This is certainly a grand step away from the subtlety demonstrated by his predecessors; it could easily be remarked that Foucault’s The History of Sexuality is so metaphysical that it could make perfectly coherent sense to replace most instances of the words “sex” or “sexuality” with “baseball” or “gardening.”
--------------------------

I think I got an A- on that paper. Generally speaking, that department doesn't award A's for anything.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT