View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 07:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
In case anyone was wondering the punishment for Secret Santa screwups.
Okay, but who have we actually permanently banned over secret santa yet? When I say we don't specify the consequences, what I really mean is that we don't say what we actually mean. I inferred that in the post, but I know you're just being a difficult young man.

The fact is that it's extremely shitty to not hold up your end of the bargain, but people who are interesting on a forum don't necessarily have to be responsible people. These people are going to enter secret santa either way, so does it really make sense for us to ban them for infinity and beyond if they're still cool people, just not tremendously trustworthy people?

It seems to me that as i-mockery's part of the bargain, it's up to the site to provide for people that get shafted - stickers, tees, whatever. Beyond that, I feel the offenders should be banned for a little bit as punishment and certainly shouldn't be allowed to enter any events again, but I don't understand what a permanent ban is supposed to accomplish beyond a ban with an expiration date. They're already never going to do it again - that's why we have the event blacklist.

Furthermore, I'm the guy that originally drafted the rules for secret santa. I'm just saying that we should probably review whether the rules still make sense.