View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
So you want people to just look away? Before the BCS, you had multiple national champions in any given year, and people still watched. You act like the BCS has ruined football. It's really not that different than what was there before. People didn't cry and boycott then, so to suggest that we all take up arms and turn off the boob tube is laughable. People get so worked up over the BCS that I think they fail to realize that at the end of the day, it's just only damn football.

I take it you didn't watch last year's title game then?
I watched last years Title game, and it was a fraud too, once I saw this, I decided it was time to stop giving them ratings. Will I make a difference? Probably not, but if I do nothing, I am part of the problem. Heck, pre BCS at least it was a big open debate and there were multiple polls that would reflect that. While it was just as pointless, it didn't pretend to be effective either. The BCS acts like they are a flawless system, and the people that created it are quite myopic about it.

Let me explain it another way, if I choose to kill my sleep schedule, I want it to be over something I think is worth my time. (The Fiesta Bowl regardless of the heart breaker ending was worth watching for example) But I felt the BCS championchip was so crapped out that I finally see it does not need to be looked at for me anymore when I can get a good 8 hours of shut-eye instead.

Quote:
When did I say that? Sounds like someone still has a bitter taste in their mouth. Freudian slip?
You didn't say that and I wasn't implying you did. My SEC rant was a seperate rant outside of anything you said, just something that has always stuck in my craw.

Quote:
By the way, you might want to add Clemsonx2, NC State, Wake Forestx2, Texas, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, and West Virginia to the SEC non-conference schedule.
I'll admit I missed those, but look at most of those games and you'll see my point stands about the SEC being overrated. The conference lost well over half those games. The media ignores this though which I find rather baffling.