View Single Post
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM       
So you are saying to boycott Somalia more than we are. So that the Somalian (is that how you would say that?) government clean up the port or pirates? I believe what little government Somalia has probably gets most of their money from the pirates. Piracy is unfortunately the only means of survival for some of these people and their alleged government. I have to agree with Robot that nation building is probably the only way to solve the problem with Somalia and therefore the root of the pirate problem. If I were a sailor on a merchant ship I think I would much rather shoot at some pirates then be dragged off to shit hole Somalia and held where I may or may not be killed over a ransom someone else may or may not pay. From what I hear they use small speed boats to catch up to the ships then use grappling hooks to climb on board. If you had so much as 4 guys with guns just blind firring over the side of the ship as they were trying to climb up, I think you should be able to hold out. But then again, what do I know. I have never been on a merchant ship neither have I ever been attacked by pirates.