View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:30 PM        :D
And yet he makes mention of "MY" personal attack on his mother.

I see he missed the irony completely.

Quote:
Well then, where is the issue? I thought the argument was that retards wouldn't receive anything to their advantage since the demand would not be high enough in some areas. Obviously, demand is high enough where you live, so I can't say I see the problem.
Unlike you, I don't believe that the area I live in is the only area. What about areas where the demand isn't high enough? You really think that a free market school system will take care of these kids?

And as a side note I'd like to point out that Stephen Hawking would be considered a "retard" in this country as you so gently put it. It's called special education, and encompasses both physically and mentally challenged students. Autistics are also most often above genius level in at least one area. And with proper schooling many can live very normal lives.

Quote:
Some schools might charge more and be made for the rich, but private schools like that already exist.
And they should.

But you didn't address my point that you are creaing the same dynamic with the potential to be far worse.