View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM       
I'll be really glad, lets start with that. But without knowing what's going on in the west wing (and that usually takes years to get any idea) there's no way of knowing if I should respect him or not.

If he makes a decision that it is not good for America or the world, and that's why he doesn't attack, if he doesn't attack, yes, I would respect that.

When we invaded Afghanistan, while I never enjoy war, I respected his restraint. Directly after 9/11, I was afraid we go nuts and rettaliatte all over the region before we even knew what was going on. I don't know if the board goes back that far, but while I was never constitutionally able to like Bush, there was a month or two where I actively respected him. And then I found out that the administration had been hell bent on going to war in Iraq before 9/11, and that almost immediately on 9/12 we were moving the WOT in that direction. Oh, hell, I guess I still respect him for not doing it immediately. And he never used Nukes, even though they make Dick Chenney's mouth water. I think if we hadn't let Chenney of the torture chain he'd have had to nuke somebody. The evil undead need their hobbies!