View Single Post
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 12:00 AM       
I love Watchmen, it's my favorite comic by Moore. It's all been said here what's so great about it, from the interesting characters to the compelling story to the symbolism, symbolism, and more symbolism (Moore seems to love it. Or, depending on who you talk to, he doesn't and people are just seeing more than there is to see. That would be my friend's perspective, at least). Gotta love Rorschach (even if it did take me two read-throughs to understand how to pronounce his name. His sense of humor is also a bit strange, but I love it), the Nite Owl's good too, both of them (I shed a tear at the- well, don't want to spoil that. Once you've read it, you'll know what I'm talking about), and I really dig The Comedian (his Vietnam scenes are all classic parts of the book).

Interestingly enough, I think I liked the little book segments and psyche evaluation and what not between the comics more than the comics themselves (well, it varies from read-through to read-through). I really love how Moore went all out on this world, and I would buy a copy of Under the Hood in a heartbeat.

And then there's the movie. I did get a fair amount of enjoyment out of LXG, and I really love V for Vendetta (sure, it's pretty dumbed down in some aspects, like it was pointed out, but it's still a really good movie), but I'm really nervous about Watchmen. There simpl is too much there to present onscreen. The early costume designs look pretty good, though, so that's something (oh, and Protoclown, Snyder said in an interview that he wanted to include The Black Freighter, but it would only be in there in such a way that it could be removed and put on the DVD if need be. At least, I think that's what he said; there's a link on Wiki). Oh well, just crossing my fingers now and hoping for the best.