View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 02:36 PM       
that was the most retarded article I've ever read. Since when have jews, fags and gypsies been terrorists? Newspapers are ridiculous.

Also bush can't claim non combatants are combatants, a citizen or civilian can't be called a combatant or be held elgible for this treatment unless they are aiding terrorists in hostilities against other civilians or citizens. It specifically states in the law that,

`(C) Such term does not include any alien determined by the President or the Secretary of Defense (whether on an individualized or collective basis), or by any competent tribunal established under their authority, to be-- `(i) a lawful enemy combatant (including a prisoner of war); or `(ii) a protected person whose trial by a military commission under this chapter would be inconsistent with Articles 64 through 76 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949.

Also it's not that they can capture you without a trial, it's that they can capture you before a trial-- if i understand right. It makes no sense there wouldn't be some type of reviewing process for the prisoners. Notice it has the same Geneva laws protecting civilians? Yea, no torture for our sweedish grandmothers and korean grocers.
The 'established tribunal under the authority' part makes it sound like just about any group involved with the government can have a say in if people are eligible to be tortured, like courtrooms, cia and other authority figures mayhaps.