View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 05:05 PM       
I love the argument here:

senators are most certainly corrupt, and the courts will prove it.....but well, if they don't, well the courts are corrupt too! 65 senators (one who actually knows the feeling of torture), the federal courts, and anybody else who thinks it makes sense to pass a bill rather than passing no bill! They've all sold their souls! Rabble rabble! They're all Nazis, and I can say that because I didn't vote for this bill!

Joe Lieberman co-sponsored a better anti-torture bill than this one, but it couldn't get out of committee. That's what happens when you don't take elections seriously-- you lose control over legislation, and you're put in a serious position of compromise. Many senators would've preferred a better bill, but they WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN IT.

Your choice isn't this bill vs. really awesome bill. It''s this bill vs. nothing now, and maybe a really watered down bill in the future. But I'm glad this hack can scream from the cheap seats on this. You want better bills? Win the American people, and win elections.