View Single Post
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM       
I think you guys really miss the point about Harley. She's not supposed to be deep, she's supposed to be fun. Her books, likewise are supposed to be a light read. Harley Quinn was straight from the animated series and for most people was such a potent character that when she finally made it to comic books backstory and added personality weren't needed. Quite frankly most people hear that distinctive voice and remember her sassy attitude from the series anytime she shows up. If you want depth I suggest you watch the "bad day" episode from the show because that is as deep as it should EVER get for her.

Also remember that the Ivy/Quinn team-ups also started on the series and they were very blatently setup as "comic relief" episodes. Whenever you see a Ivy/Harley team-up you should EXPECT a lighter read.

On top of that she is quite sexy, but not for the usual reasons. I don't know exactly how to put it but the fact that she is so shallow, so light-hearted (personality-wize) and "just the right amount of crazy" that you just can't get enough of her. To add in more serious tones and "depth" would ruin that sex appeal.