View Single Post
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 08:07 PM       
What animal crapped in your water dish? If you weren't so busy stamping your feet over my supieriority you would notice I gave you the best advice that you could recieve here: Flash=crap drawings.
If, you'll take notice, my drawing has very little good drawing in it, but tons of cut and pasting. And it woulden't hurt for you to try and observe how people make good things in flash. If you insist so much on using your awesome stylus in this horrible drawing program, then I might as well do what I can.

Tip #1: Do not use the stylus pressure modifier. It is so uncontrolable that you will not have a single smooth line in your drawing as it is constantly changing size.

Tip #2: Convert everything into symbols. They are much easier to manipulate then, and can be edited by double clicking them.

Tip #3: To make something look good in flash you must use computer art methods. Using the same image repeatedly for instance, fading an image slightly and placing it over a copy of itself slightly off-center to make it look blurry, use gradients (tastefully) on everything you need more than 2 colors to shadow, ect.

Tip #4: Finding the right color for something is incredibly hard, try samplinging the colors from currently existing images on your computer or the web to make color-selecting much easier.

Tip #5: Using the modify>smooth selection you can make lines of fills much easier to deal with. If using it fixes one part of your fill, but completely obliterates another part, you can highlight specific parts to take care of that. And if you zoom in and then smooth, the smoothing will be more presice.

Tip #6: Go through every damn tutorial and read the entire help file. That is how I appear much more expirenced in flash than you, when I barely know anything about it. (psst, its because I hate it)\

There, I normally don't respond to temper tantrums, but this is for the sake of whoever looks at your drawings.