Thread: Puke stories
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM       
I don't puke a lot. The times I do are when I have actual, diagnosed, tell-the-health-department food poisoning. I've had salmonella (sour cream at an arby's in Niagara Falls in the 80s) and e coli (unwashed green peppers on a pizza in the late 90s). Haven't had botulism for the trifecta yet.

My dad is one of those dads who thinks you're faking, despite my history of 100% never faking ever because I have enough real medical shit to keep me well-supplied. So when I was walking through Niagara Falls and starting to complain of a bad stomachache, he wouldn't let me not eat. I remember very clearly that I had to eat turkey and mayo on white bread and Tahitian Treat (that's a godawful neon red, supersweet fruit-flavored soda, for those of you who don't know) with the rest of the family. So I threw up neon red for the first few days and then whatever water I tried to keep down for the remainder of the week.

The e coli was one of those bad-stuff-coming-from-every-orifice sort of illnesses.