View Single Post
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 03:05 PM       
You're right, you're right about them resigning for their own cause. Tom Brokaw is still working with NBC. Ted Koppel has recently been hired by Discovery Channel. But if I was a hard headed, serious news anchor, I'd make sure I spent my retirement sipping on mai tai and kicking it by the carribean.

But I'm curious, do you think the public press have become pussified? Even after the fact that that eye-blinking twat-lipped faggot Geraldo Rivera is what fox news calls the top investigative reporter? That Bill O'Lielly is the man of strong opinion and heavy debator for Fox News?

I strongly believe most of the veteran news anchors have resigned not for the reason of old age and their mistakes but in their refusal to obey orders by the Bush administration to act like an obdeient dog. Do you think they'd want to spend their remaining years sitting, rolling and barking and retire in that kind of form? And what do you think might happen to those who refuse to obey/resign and want to continue to perform deep investigation and ask hard questions?

Even Dan Rather have mentioned zillion of times that the media have been dumbed down by the administration. He was the first to come up with the lit-tire-around-their-neck analogy. In order to create a hierarchical system clean of dissenters, it's a good idea to hire someone who is more passive, easily bought out and more than willing to smile for the camera and assure the viewers that everything is just hunky dory.