View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 04:44 PM       
Quote:
I would like to say a few words. First of all, I run a forum of my own, and would not condone the treatment of a new person like this.
This isn't your forum, so nobody cares.
Quote:
Forums are meant for people to get together and have actual meaningful conversations.
mock·er·y
n. pl. mock·er·ies
Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.
A specific act of ridicule or derision.
An object of scorn or ridicule: made a mockery of the rules.
A false, derisive, or impudent imitation: The trial was a mockery of justice.
Something ludicrously futile or unsuitable: The few packages of food seemed a mockery in the face of such enormous destitution.
Quote:
The mere fact that you people have nothing better to do than "haze" the new person really says a Hell of a lot about your characters, and I refuse to be part of a group where such ignorance and intolerance is the "norm."
*ahem*
According to the RULES AND GUIDELINES:
10) Sarcasm is rampant throughout these boards, so don't take everything that is said on here as a personal attack on you. Chances are, the person who made the comment doesn't even know who the hell you are... and even if they do, they don't care enough to address you personally. So don't go chasing them around in a ton of different threads trying to attack them, because that will just ruin what might be a good conversation. It's a humor site, so try to develop a sense of humor. I-Mockery isn't just about making mockeries of other things, it's being able to laugh at yourself. The sarge said it best when he said, "Here you are all equally worthless."