View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
Don't you fuckers make me go edit Wikipedia and prove you wrong. I'll prove it!

D-MoN: How can you say that someone's taste in music sucks just because they haven't been exposed to this album? Isn't that kind of a "crazy person" thing to say?

Grishnak: I'm not a big fan of Sgt. Peppers, I have to say. I wouldn't even rank it in my top 5 Beatles albums, and in my book their best one is Revolver, hands down. And Ramones is a great album, but how can you put it in the same league as this? It's just three-chord songs that all sound the same! Don't get me wrong, I love that album and the Ramones are one of my favorite bands, but if you want to talk about overall musicianship The Clash are worlds above them (though I enjoy both bands about equally). Piper at the Gates of Dawn was a silly, fun album that I haven't listened to in years. It has a cheesy charm to it, I suppose. I haven't heard the other ones, though I've been meaning to check out more Zappa. And the only "Jet Generation" I can find is by Guitar Wolf. They're a fun band, I saw 'em live before the original Bass Wolf died, but they're not exactly going to change the world or anything.

Poxpower: Yarrrgh! Cannot...refute...the power...of...STAN BUSH!

macrodeath
: Heh. Sorry man, I haven't heard any of those except for Downward Spiral.