View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM       
Boy oh boy, Preech, I got to tell you, I haven't even finsihed your post, and I just wanted you to know that if I had a sig, it would contain the quote " A "War on Islamofacists" is revisionist and retarded." I could not agree more.

Your summation of what I would say if I ever got it all sorted was better than anything I have said so far, which is impressive concidering I think that we disagree on wether we should be doing any of what we are doing.

So, I'll return the compliment candidly and admit I don't know what we should be doing. I just have really passionate feelings about things we should not do, and I hate retarded revisionism so, so SO much, and I get very angry that people confuse their legitimate (though contrary to my) goals for our country with what this administration is doing for what I see as a host of ham fisted and differing reasons in Iraq. I think it's a hideous stew of Daddy Issues, Free market fundamentalism, religous fundamentalism, arrogance, fear, slavish party loyalty, superiority and messianic delusions and that where it touches on goals and ideals expressed here on I-mock ( even by posters I never agree with) it is almost totally coincidental.

But the fact that I don't know what we should be doing is not an argument for being satisfied with it. If I didn't know how to drive, I still wouldn't get in a car with a drunk, legally blind dwarf with Narcolepsy and a driver's liscence.