View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM        HP Pavillion ze5470us problems, (screen won't turn on, BIOS and Hard Drive Lock)
I found a HP Pavillion laptop in my garage gathering dust. I thought it was broken and decided to fix it and/or find some more parts to properly fix it. I plugged in the power supply, and to my amazement, everything booted up alright until a BIOS password was required and a hard drive password was also required. I entered in some BS words and phrases because I don't remember ever setting a password and stick in my Slax disc. I tried to get it to load off of my USB stick and something fuck up during the installation.

Being the typical Windows user that I am, I subconciously typed ctrl-alt-del and the screen shut off. I don't know if it was my doing or if I caused a short to the screen, but now it won't come on at all, even if I turn it off and on.

Right now, I'm gonna let it sit and hope it settles down enough to where I can fix things, but I really don't know what's wrong. Help.