View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM       
I was in the scene from the 2.5 firmware on high for about two years. I knew how things went down. You'd be amazed at how many dumb kids there are. They just kept asknig questions and never stopped. They'd follow simple, self-explanatory, idiot-proof instructions, get lost, and then ask why their PSP know shows nothing but a black screen. I'm glad Dark Alex had the foresight to include a recovery partition for the custom firmware.

Eventually, before I lost my PSP, I left the whole hackin' scene behind. I left for the greener pastures of the Nokia N800 and have never looked back since.

To anyone thinking of hacking the PSP: follow instructions to the letter. DON'T IMPROVISE, LEST YOU BRICK SOMETHING.

The same could be said of upgrading a firmware on any device.