View Single Post
testtube is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM       
Got to see it at a single screen drive-in in the middle of the woods drinking lots o beer. Good fucking movie, mainly because every character, no matter how small, is important to the story.

But we're here to talk about the Joker? Sure! I thought he was fucking amazing! However he seemed so far removed from what I thought the Joker was all about that he could have went by another name and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. The Joker is about jokes! Kills with funny gadgets. Other than his pencil trick at the opening, a few brilliant lines near the first middle of the action and sliding down a mountain of money the character is a brilliant almost god-like terrorist/sociopath who doesn't do much funny stuff, I was hoping for more gadgets and jokes and bizarre shit mixed it.

The ending didn't cut it for me, Two Face barely got his trademark suit together before being offed, and just what happened to the Joker? Is he still hanging from a fucking building? Am I to believe he's locked in jail when its obvious he has no trouble escaping?

Its a fucking tragedy such a great performance will only happen once, but they could have atleast killed his character off.