View Single Post
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
I mean, obviously I don't know enough about this stuff to really pass judgment upon it, but isn't the point of music to not think about it and just enjoy it? And that's the problem. For some reason I can't just enjoy it. I have to break it down like it's a science.

So for Girl Talk, when I hear ELO's Mr. Blue Sky over some hip hop beat, or Blue Oyster Cult and The Cars at the same time, it just feels soulless. Like, I know the dude put these two songs together on purpose and as a result it feels lacking in true inspiration. I sort of have the same problem with cover songs.

So I guess I don't really have a problem with artists making their own samples? I don't have to like it but I can understand the appeal a bit better.

I don't know, man, the more I talk about music the gayer I sound. It's like some weird-ass autistic personality disorder characteristic.

At least we have Oingo Boingo in common :hat

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog