View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM       
You can't actually get headshots in the Playstation version, since Snake can't fire his gun in first-person mode. I find I'm also really missing the diving roll, since knocking guards over with it before they radio for help is one of the better simple pleasures of the series. As a much bigger "fuck you," my PS2 is currently bricked and I don't have a Dual Shock 1; it turns out that when you're using a DS2 on an original Playstation, it doesn't register the analog stick properly, so I can't walk. At all. It's pretty fucking hard.

On the other hand, I think the voice-acting is a lot better than in Twin Snakes, and the lack of fucking retarded wire-fu backflips in every single cutscene makes it seem more serious and dramatic, even if that's ruined a bit by the fact that nobody has a face. Twin Snakes did have a better soundtrack, though; I hate how this just uses the standard "Alert Mode" music for like, every boss fight, where I could be listening to shit like this.

Also that Goldeneye remake is kind of garbage. There's the whole "barely-there story with really bad pacing shitty simplistic stealth and Wii controls are fucking retarded" thing, but worst of all, you can't look up. What the fuck is that? You automatically look up when you're climbing stairs or something, but you absolutely cannot do it at any other time, except for when you're ADSing with a sniper rifle. I know it's a remake of an N64 game but you're not supposed to keep the parts that sucked! That's like how Resident Evil on the Gamecube kept Chris's stupid 6-slot inventory despite the fact that he clearly has more pockets than Jill! Asdf!

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 11th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.