View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
For example vince should be banned ages ago for not-quite-well veiled racist remarks :/
The only reason Vince wasn't banned immediately is because it was such a one-sided thing and watching everyone tear him apart (especially Max) was pure comedy gold. Nobody was going to stumble onto this place and think "oh this is a place where racists hangout" just by viewing some shit that Vince posts, because everyone jumped on his case. Still, if he comes back and continues to post racist remarks, I'll be more than happy to ban his ass, cuz it gets old after a while.

Quote:
I just want to see where the big difference is in calling everybody a 'fucktard' and why that's not frowned-upon behaviour.
Fucktard? "It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit."

Quote:
I don't care too much about pub and whatnot I wasn't even around. I don't care if they're racists or not. I care about what sort of moderating example this will make for the future. It's something that I want to understand because I've seen loads of blatantly offensive threads that could give the wrong idea to the person coming here and no bans besides for this one.
It's the same way it's always been here Helm.

If I see someone making remarks that are against the rules of this board, I'll delete 'em and at the very least temporarily ban 'em. If I don't see someone making remarks but they do, well then I guess they got away with it. Lucky for them. I've always suggested that all of you help out and report problem posts to me. Some of you do, and I appreciate it. I work a full-time job. I write for I-Mockery which is another full-time job. I have martial arts classes and/or gym in the evenings. I play guitar. I have people that I like to hangout with on a regular basis.

In other words, I have only but so much time I can dedicate to scanning these boards for problems. So if ya don't like that "this post over here" gets deleted but "that one over there" doesn't, then do something about it. Report it to me instead of people slinging around words like "hypocrisy!" so easily.