View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 05:22 AM       
Hay guys, here's a fun story from my Sunday.

I was working at Goodwill and I took a scheduled break. Sitting at the break table I noticed a porcelain statuette of a man in a tuxedo and fez atop a base that said "Proud to be a Shriner". It was definitely pretty old, I'd say early 70s at the very latest, so I thought I'd examine it to see if I could derive any CONTEXT CLUES to help people sell it for a good price.

The thing was heavier than it looked (I assumed it was hallow) and the weight shifted as if laden with liquid. The bottom had labels associating it with some Bourbon distillery that I've heard of but never paid attention to since I've never actually seen it for sale (McCormick's, maybe?).

"Really?", I asked myself. Then I rotated his fez, which at first appeared to be integrally fixed, until it popped off and revealed a moist cork stopper. I smelled the stopper and then asked myself, "Really?". It smelled wonderful. A few moments of trepidation followed, then I took a swig from the porcelain Shriner. What I drank was definitely Bourbon of pretty outstanding quality--wonderful flavor, perfect smoothness.

It was really wonderful, and I think drinking on the job from vintage collectibles donated to charity is in itself pretty awesome.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT