View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 01:12 AM        Chimp
Im sure that when YOU were using GPS and radios in the middle of an unfamiliar desert at night it was probably quite easy. I guess those dumb Americans probably should have headed to Canada before they deployed so you could square them away.

We're talking about support folks who aren't typical infantry grunts who train in land nav, convoys, etc. They were maintenance folks. I don't claim to have EVER been in a combat situation but I've worked plenty of mock combat scenarios and I can tell you that particularly in the dark, and in places that you aren't familiar with, it is VERY easy to become disoriented.

Either way, I'm not sure how that's even relevant to this thread at all. This is pretty much par for the course for Ranxer. Post silly stories that "prove" the "man" was lying, then accuse anyone who dares counter your claim with facts as being "blind" or misled. Obviously if they don't agree with you they must be wrong.

Since I'm rambling, let me ramble a little further. As to the initial reports of the nature of Lynch's injuries and how they were sustained, DOD made minimal, if any claims as to her heroism, fighting to the last bullet, etc. That was reported by the press of their own volition. Perhaps you should criticize an overzealous press eager to sell papers instead of the Pentagon.

As for the "rescue" I find it hard to believe that they would conduct any type of rescue operation with "blanks" and I base that upon my own operational knowledge of combat operations. Its not impossible, but I highly doubt it. No commander would agree to send his guys into an unkown without being armed. Further, I'm not sure what makes Dr. Achmed Muhamed Whoever expert enough to know what blanks and live M-16 rounds sound like. I suppose you could say they searched the building and didn't find any bullet holes, but I'd be suspicious none the less. Finally, it is a certainty that fake explosives WERE used. They are used in virtually every urban combat scenario including civilian law enforcement agencies. Ground Burst Simulators (GBS) or "flashbangs" are used to distract and confuse people when a team makes an entry. That has nothing to do with Hollywood.

If your intent is to somehow prove some kind of blatant lie perpetrated by the Pentagon in the Lynch case I think you're grasping at straws.