View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:47 AM       
Yea, I'm pretty annoyed that Obama's policies so far have been to give a bunch of money away. Especially since there doesn't seem to be much of a plan on how it is supposed to help the economy. I don't really understand how we have all this money to spend ;\ Isn't it a bunch of loans or something?

I think the reason why we had to bail out these companies though is that, theoretically, if we didn't then our economy would shit itself.

What really annoys me the most though is that AIG already used their last bit of bail out (or whatever it was) money to pay off some of their ceos because they had CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS TO MEET THAT WERE MADE BEFORE THE AGREEMENTS WERE MADE WITH THE GUBERMENT SO THEY COULDNT BE RESTRICTED but now they are just doing the same thing again four months later ;\

Quote:
This crap would have continued and some more companies would have gone down before people started getting it but we would have been a LOT closer to working this out. Now all the execs will expect a huge bonus even if it drives the company in the ground because the government will just pay for it all.
People are getting it. I mean, this story has outraged pretty much everyone, and congress and THE PRESIDENT are stepping in to pimp slap them. From what I understand either the company has to give the money back, or congress is going to tax them for an extra 187 billion dollars (the amount of money they are giving out in bonuses).