View Single Post
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM        since nobody ever posts in the tech support forum...
ok so before I started using my G3, I had a badass Acer AspireOne netbook running Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

See? Told you it was badass. Problem is that the internal heat (it's convection cooled >_<) fucking nuked the HD TWICE, so now if I wanna boot UNR I have to use a Flash stick, which is slow and doesn't let me do much in the way of saving things (because the UNR imager doesn't let me make a boot partition and a storage partition on the flash drive, if I use an 8GB stick all 8GB is going towards Ubuntu filesystem, which is fucking bullshit).

My question is this: Would an SSD be feasible for day to day use (ie: running the Internet, Milkytracker (and some light EnergyXT use), emulators, MP3 player, etc..). I know that with an SSD I'm pretty much covered in the heat department, but the read/write cycle thing scares me.

Oh god I can't even find my fucking charger in this shithole of a room. I need to clean it. Thanks for reading this, I hope you can help me.