View Single Post
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 01:35 AM       
Oi, if that's not an invitation to start a rant. Indulge me. Suffice it to say, I'm all for the rating system but I'm opposed to censorship, if that makes sense. The whole "I may not like what you have to say, but you can at least say it" deal. Or put in your games, in this case. Personally, I'd like to see more M or AO rated games, but that's just me, because, well, I'm an *adult.* What I don't like are people blaming the industry because of the content. If you don't want your kid shooting hookers and playing with "hot coffee" then don't buy them GTA in the first place. I'm all for people making informed decisions about what they let their kids be exposed to, but if it's just general ignorace, it makes me want to smack them on the back of the head sometimes. "OMG, my son is playing a game where he runs people over in cars! And has sex with women!" And who *let* him get that game? Personally, if the average consumer out there were just the slightest bit more intelligent, I don't think we'd have to worry about which version of the game got released. (And you're talking to a 7 year retail veteran, so by 'average consumer' I mean people that are generally not going to be found on the I-mockery forums...)