View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 07:39 PM       
Yeah, private messaging would definitely be in. As for commanding your troops, I'm not really sure how that would work... I'd probalby implement that as a special kind of private messaging that would go to all your lackeys as opposed to an individual. Actually forcing them to obey would be kinda difficult in this type of online game, especially if your commander is a homo and starts issuing fatwahs on a whim.

As for combat, yeah, the troops would get a small bonus for defense from their commander... maybe 10% of the commander's defense rating. I think that would still allow people to be attacked a decent amount without getting a massive bonus by just signing up under a really powerful person.

Quote:
And to be able to remove officers from your army.
Yeah, you could kick out lackeys, but I'd also add the ability for lackeys to leave on their own and shift allegiance to others, or even strike out on their own!

Quote:
a gradually increasing war exhaustion+attrition if you continue attacking the same person over and over and over and over.
I think that this could be implemented like attack points. Each time you're attacked by someone (say Ashiro attacks you 5 times), your defense points go down by that much. I think defense points would have to accumulate a bit faster than attack points, though.

Also, it would be really stupid if, say, you had a power of 10000 and a bunch of people with power 10 just kept attacking you and bringing you down just through attrition. I think there'd have to be a limitation on the size of enemy that could actually bring down your defense points... then again, if it's kinda hard to say. If it's a huge effort on the part of many people to bring someone down, that'll have an effect.

I will have to think about this more.

Quote:
A map so you can take over other areas (risk stlye baby!)
I actually thought of something like that. Right now in KoC, I think they've set a time limit on the "age" of a few months. At first I thought maybe the various races could battle for dominion of the world in this game, but then I thought that would be kinda limiting (what if one of your lackeys wants to be a different race?), so I thought up the idea of various "nations" in the world that fight for control... not necessarily in any particular location, though.

I thought perhaps that the overall power of all members in a particular nation could have an effect on the length of an age. Whichever nation gets control of say, 75% of everything overall wins and then the game restarts in a few days with everyone at 0. There would have to be a point at which the 75% rule would kick in, though, because if everyone starts off at 0 and then one side quickly rushes and gets everything, the game could potentially be restarting every week.

Much rules stuff to think about...