View Single Post
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Quote:
a gradually increasing war exhaustion+attrition if you continue attacking the same person over and over and over and over.
I think that this could be implemented like attack points. Each time you're attacked by someone (say Ashiro attacks you 5 times), your defense points go down by that much. I think defense points would have to accumulate a bit faster than attack points, though.

Also, it would be really stupid if, say, you had a power of 10000 and a bunch of people with power 10 just kept attacking you and bringing you down just through attrition. I think there'd have to be a limitation on the size of enemy that could actually bring down your defense points... then again, if it's kinda hard to say. If it's a huge effort on the part of many people to bring someone down, that'll have an effect.

I will have to think about this more.
that isn't quite what I meant. this would work really well if you worked a Risk-style map into the game. you see, the guy with a power of 10,000 wouldn't suffer attrition because he is being swamped by a horde of 10 power players. what I actually meant was that if the 10,000 guy decided to attack someone with 1,000 men 100 times, he would eventually get war exhaustion and attrition affecting his forces. if you make it so that a "war" lasts longer than just your initial attack, you could make it so that the longer he is at war and attacking the other person (in his country) he would lose a certain number of soldiers outside of combat to attrition. if you make a map, you could possibly include rebellions and such for when WE gets too high. that might help control people who are way too fucking strong and like to ping people a thousand times.