View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:37 PM       
That fact that it is Disney is what makes the game so great. You can hate them all you want, but it works so well, that it simply doesn't matter. I'm far from being Disney's biggest fan, but playing through the different worlds, hearing familiar music, and even more familiar voices (a great deal of the characters are voiced by people who've done them in the movies or shows.) really does bring something out of you, and makes you enjoy it. You owe it to yourselves to at least rent it.

More importantly, don't think that the story is watered down in the least due to Disney being involved. The story is heavily mature-themed, ranking right up there, if not higher than, any Final Fantasy game.

Rongi, I imagine you're still early into the game then. The combat, while mostly hacking-and-slashing, does have a fair share of strategy, and plenty of use for magic and other attack skills. But give the active battle system, there's not much else you COULD do, is there?

Still, some of you think it's overrated, and others won't even touch it. But for me, I would go as far as to say that it might very well be the greatest game I ever played.