View Single Post
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 01:33 PM        Re: re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron mitchell
word is that new boards of canada (which i listened to once and deleted) is a fake just like that fake autechre - untitled "rip".
yeah, word has been that the leaks for this one have been of uncommonly good quality.
my post before this one was an initial reaction, but i'm not feeling this one like i do other BoC albums, and that's a bit of a giveaway, along with some of the tracks which are just crap, but i thought "well, ok, maybe they're moving somewhere.

there's just too much straight arppegiating, and if this were actually them it'd be a huge step back to, like, chinook days. i dont care how cool "slow this bird down" is, it just isnt them.

so i'm buying it less and less.
farewell fire has got some amazing strong points though, fake or not. there'll be some conflicting associations once the CD actually comes out. i'll probably still listen to this, actually.

as for the autechre rip, that actually wasnt nearly as complicated or dense as that. many fakes were downright apparent, the only ones in question being the "bfhmp3" rip, which was authentic anyway, and the guy that worked off that and spliced some bullshit in the middle, and then wrote a letter about how he was such a pussy about a week later.

i think a lesson is learned though. dont fuck around with Warp leaks. they are about 500% more likely to confuse the hell out of you.

as for what i'm listening to now, well:

sufjan stevens - come on feel the illinoise.