View Single Post
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Pete and Pete is probably my favorite sitcom. I rank it up there with Arrested Development on account of it actually being funny to this day. Probably even funnier now that I get all of those "adult jokes" that made it past the censors. Some guy on Veoh has every episode uploaded. I strongly suggest going back to it. Great writing, great acting, and a sweet soundtrack.

Unfortunately, the rest of Nick's "good old shows" just don't hold up anymore. All That isn't as funny as I remember, You Can't Do That On Television was the most bland children's show ever created, and Are You Afraid of the Dark coupled horrible acting with stories that weren't very scarey, even when I was 10.

But on the bright side, none of those shows were as terrible as Hey Dude or Roundhouse. And at least Double Dare was fun to watch.
I agree. Pete and Pete might be the only old Nickelodeon show that I'm not embarrassed to still enjoy. I used to love You Can't Do That on Television more than anything when I was a kid and I did everything I could a couple years ago to get a hold of some episodes and I was very disappointed. Pete and Pete is just amazingly good for a show produced for children.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog