Thread: Kill Bill
View Single Post

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 04:03 PM       
Movie wasn't bad. Kind of one of those movies where I didn't really like it, but it kind of grew on me. I read the script several months ago, and I can honestly say that Part II is going to fucking own the crap out of Part I. [minor spoiler]Like when she goes and trains at Pei Mei's house...good stuff.[/minor spoiler]

Some of the stuff I didn't like. [very minor part II spoiler]For example, Tarantino bleeping out her name has absolutely no significance whatsoever. I guess you can kind of say it's a bit of a joke, but overall, it serves absolutely no purpose in the movie. I think he does it just to be "retro" or "cool" or something. After all, if you've ever seen any of his interviews, he really thinks he's the best guy out there.[/minor spoiler] I don't enjoy how he does things in an attempt to be cool, yet serves no logical purpose.

I also thought the fight scenes blew. Terrible. Hack. Slash. Hack. Slash. I understand that it was sort of the premise of the movie, but I still didn't like it. The beginning fight scene was okay, but the whole House of Blue Leaves fight scene I thought was terrible.