View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 07:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
It's okay, it was a shitty styrofoam Jesus anyway. It will come back harder and stronger than before. Prepare for it's second coming.
I think for a community of professed Christians, it's pretty strange that they seem to be blatantly ignoring what in the old days would be taken for a 100% accurate smackdown from God. Didn't Moses burn the golden Calf? For the religiously inclined, conversions were had and cathedrals built over less.

Let's recap.

If I were that religion, which I'm not, I think I'd take it as a manifestation of Divine Preference and leave well enough alone. From what I understand, however, they're talking about rebuilding it.

6-story flammable statue with a steel frame getting hit by lightning as an eventuality of nature? Also possible.

Burning styrofoam gives off cyanide gas. Discuss!