View Single Post
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM       
I warned ya.

Also, wow, I actually care about the way the series is handled and don't like it when the writers forget why it was worth bringing back in the first place (high-brow jokes/character-related humor that gets funnier every time, great stories, great character development, occasionally touching). It's almost like I'm a fan or something.

Listen man, all I wrote was that a good movie was going to be on, and I was alerting all the people who didn't buy the DVD their chance to see it. I also made a quick judgment on the other films. You were free to disagree with me on that.

But then you had to state that somehow me not liking the films was tantamount to me contributing to the cancellation of the series. I watched every episode of that show whenever FOX would actually show it, and I bought the DVD box sets and movies on the first day (or close to).

That's supporting the series, because FOX doesn't care if people like a product, only if they'll pay for it. It just so happens that in general people don't buy crap products so they have to at least try to make good ones.

Point being, "Fan" doesn't mean you blindly support every part of what you are a fan of. It just means that you like something a lot. That doesn't mean you have to like all of it. If you enjoy the other movies, more power to you. I don't. But I'm still a fan of the series (just a more critical one (that's what that long post you apparently thumbed through is, a critique)).