View Single Post
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
"Once you become certain you are a true vessel for God's will, you are capable of complete amorality."

If you are suggesting someone who is under the delusion of being a vessel of God is capable of amorality, I would agree, but anyone who practices Christianity or Judaism according to doctrine could not possibly do so. You use the skyscraper and plane as an analogy, but according to almost every authority I have read on the Torah, to take a single life is equalitive with quantitatively eradicating an entire universe. I'll be happy to cite authorities to testify to that affect, but I believe you're already familiar. The same spirit abides within Christianity, but is even more complete. Where as Judaism was built primarily around the Law and Justice, Christianity enters a new dynamic into the equation in the form of Mercy. Seventy time seven are we to forgive each of our breathren, and when harm is done to us, we are instructed to not only turn the other cheek, but repay them with kindness.

Judging the whole of Christianity -and I realize its true adherents are few and far between- upon the basis of the massive numbers of a psuedo-believers is like passing judgement upon our Constitution and the Forefathers who framed due to the actions of our elated politicians in place today. It would be a travesty.
Why the correction? Max wasn't saying all Christians are the same as these wackos.