View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM       
Went to see the second Hunger Games installment in the theater. Not the nice downtown Columbus theater with the giant cushy leather recliners and cafe food, but a shit mall movie theater with a bunch of idiot teenagers who couldn't make up their mind whether they wanted to be roaming or sitting.

The movie was...I dunno. I tried to do the fair thing and read all of the books. It exactly matched the second book, except sped up a bit. Everyone is very pretty and the costumes and effects are beautiful and Jennifer Lawrence is a delight to watch, and all, but it's still the same damn story as BR. The second movie follows the progression from being victims of the system to using the next Games to start the rebellion that brings down the Man. They even give the contestants a water-landing that meshes nicely with the Normandy scene from BR2. I continue to not believe you knew nothing of this very popular plot, Suzanne Collins.

As far as effect on me...none, really. I just felt like I'd read the book again. I wasn't entertained, I wasn't not-entertained. It was more "Oh, yes, I remember this happening, and I see they went with baboons."

I heard they're breaking the last installment into two parts, Harry Potter-style. I guess it makes sense to squeeze out every drop once your star becomes an Oscar-winner and bankable up the wazoo.