View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM       
Yeah, this run had a ton of memorable moments. Whedons pacing and dialogue are honed to perfection by his years of TV work. Each arc is like a Buffy or Angel season and I totally agree with Proto that Wolverine (and for that matter, each character) gets held in reserve until they are what's needed to balance the moment. He measures each players strengths not just in terms of superpowers, but in diction, wit, timing, who they click with and who they hate. He's the perfect script writer for a team book in that he treats them like an acting ensemble.

In this day and age, with all the money at the disposal of the big companies, there is just no damn excuse for not having this kind of quality more often. I guess you can make the same complaint with TV and movies, all that talent out there and they just shovel crap at you, but it makes me sad.

This wasn't ground breaking stuff like "Watchmen" or "Dark Knight", but that's not what it tried to be. It's just good, solid comics, what ought to be the damn baseline of the form, not miraculous home run.