View Single Post
Suicidal Chipmunk
JJ the Jetplane is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM       
I've only been to one Halloween based "event". It's the Homer Mill, in Michigan, and it's pretty amazing. It's actually Alice Coopers favorite haunted house attraction in the country. I've gone the past two years with a couple of my bodies, and it was really fun both times. The first time i went was last year, and when me and my buddies got there, we were really really early (it was like 5 pm, and still light out) and we thought it wasn't going to be very scary at all. But, since we got there so early, we were the only people there, which seemed to make everything 10 times worse than normal. The scares were actually so frequent one of my friends started getting angry at the workers and yelling at them whenever he got startled, which was funny in retrospect, but we were to busy shitting ourselves to laugh at the time. The weird thing about it though, was that the first few rooms weren't even remotely frightening. They were actually just plain silly. But everything got WAY worse the further in we got. And we discovered that apparently, my friend Steven is afraid of clowns , and I'm afraid of heights. It was really fun and i was psyched to get the chance to go again earlier this year. When we got there this year though, it was later in the night (about 8 or 9) and there were a lot of people in line. When we finally got in, it wasn't even all that scary. Hearing the people in front and behind you screaming just ruined the experience and spoiled all the scares. Plus, since it was so much later, the workers seemed tired, and not really into what they were doing.It was still fun, but in a more "laughing at all the stupid people behind you screaming" kind of fun. So yeah, if anyone ever gets the chance to go, try and go early, before anybody else shows up. Going through that haunted house with only a few friends makes everythinga lot better, and the fact that it's light outside is barely even noticeable once you get inside the house. It's really dark in most of the rooms in the house.

(P.S.) If anybody does check it out, make sure to stick with your group in the room with all the curtains and the strobe lights. I circled around that room for 10 minutes trying to find the way out of that room, the strobe lights were blinding me, and no matter how many times i heard that woman in the middle of the room scream, it still scared the crap out of me. (Sadly, the woman wasn't screaming when i went through this year)
(P.P.S.) The restaraunt in the Homer Mill is also pretty good. :^D