View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM        Dammit, "Greg", pay for your fucking boat!

A few months ago, probably starting around September, I started getting these calls on my cellphone. At first they were real human beings, and they asked if they could speak to Greg. I told them they had the wrong number and they thanked me and hung up. I didn't think much of it back then.

Then the calls amped up a bit. They were still human, they identified themselves as being from some organization I regrettably can't remember the name of, and they said they needed to talk to Greg. I said sorry, you must have the wrong number, no Greg here. They usually elaborated, after I told them they had the wrong number, that they needed to speak with him regarding his boat. His boat? I said, sorry, I don't know any Gregs with boats.

After being pestered with these calls for a week or so, it occurred to me to tell them to please stop calling me. Right when I made up my mind to do it, the calls stopped coming from human beings I could talk to. Sometimes it was a machine right away, sometimes it was a person who just said, "Greg?" or "hold please" when I picked up and then transferred it to a machine.

The machine messages are more or less the same, and they never give a name, address or phone number of anyone I can contact. Each time it's like it's cut off and doesn't really give any useful information whatsoever. They go more or less like this....

"....message with important infor-MA-tion regarding your account. Your PAY-ment is now past DUE. PLEASE send your PAY-ment."

It doesn't say where the payment should go, who wants it, or where to contact them. It's like the message is cut off at both ends.

Look at the caller ID, you say. Yes, I thought of that. It comes up as UNKNOWN with no number. My cell refuses to call back an UNKNOWN. I look through my call history and it looks like this:

UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN
mom
UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN
vet
UNKNOWN

I don't want to change my number because of this crap. But it won't let me block calls from UNKNOWN and I can't get a real human anymore to tell them to leave me the hell alone.

Ideas?