View Single Post
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 02:05 AM        Bloodstorm - a good game to mock in i-mockery
i don't wanna bother the admins with private messages but i found a game you must review
Blood Storm
wiki reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BloodStorm
the game is almost as chessy as tatoo asassins but it has not as much fatalities
anyway if you don't wanna look for the rom or a working arcade pm i think is worth it

the gameplay explanation
As its predecessor, BloodStorm features many of the aspects carried down from it, such as the removal of an opponent’s arms and an ‘instant kill’, as well as a Special Death Move. The button layout is relatively the same, except there is no button for attacking with the head. They are labelled as back leg, front leg, back arm and front arm respectively. A button in the center is used to make the character block. As one would suspect, if a particular limb is lost in combat, it is rendered useless to attack with that button.
It is also a weapons fighter, but to differentiate it from Time Killers, the characters use weapons called ‘Gauntlets’ which also allow them to use particular powers and attacks with them. Other than being able to bash off an opponent’s arms, a technique called a ‘Sunder’ is also in the game. If executed when your opponent is stunned, it will destroy their lower body. The character will not be able to jump or use kicks, but can still move back and forth a little with the leg buttons.
Even after a successful Sunder attack, the fight can still go on, given the character’s life bar is not totally drained yet. However, if both limbs are lost afterwards (given they weren't already torn off prior to the Sunder attack) then s/he is completely helpless. Characters are restored back to normal form after a round is over much like Time Killers as well.
A notable feature in the game is that when you defeat your opponent, you gain a ‘passable power’ much like in a style akin to the Mega Man series. These powers or weapons can be used at any time to give you a further advantage. Also, you can save your progress in a game with a password feature by pressing buttons during the player select screen. However, since the data was saved only until the machine was turned off, it was less than beneficial unless used to pick the game back up where it ended.

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

Last edited by Chojin : Apr 22nd, 2008 at 08:17 PM.