Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:09 PM       
Maxi, you can be both you know.

Now, some of you are a liitle more ignorant than others. If you are more prone to being ignorant then that would lead one to believe that you just didn't know any better and that would be the reason they would be wrong. I think this is the case with Chimp.

With you, most of the time I think it's lieing because I think you know better and just like to decieve people.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:18 PM       
Chojo: All the trout He cared to up to an infinite # of trout beyond the # of Trout currently existing.

Assuming He is divine.

If he is not, he will catch no trout at all as dead men don't fish.

NALDO; Your opinion of me lacks charity. Your opinion of Chimp shows disdain and is smug.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:22 PM       
What do you expect?

I expect certain attitudes from certain people here and I react accordingly.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:46 PM       
Oooooh, Christiany!

See, when you "expect certain attitudes from certain people here and ... react accordingly." lacks charity, wich is a highly praised Christian value. And it shows a sad lack of faith on your part as well.

I hope every day that you will awake to how narrow your picture of God is. I actively pray that you will examine your belief that God created eternal damnation in a lake of fire as a part of His cosmos. I believe that it hurts God that anyone thinks this of Him. With every post you make, I embrace the possibility that you might show signs of actually examining the nature of your faith, and I 'expect' you do far more than you let on.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:54 PM        Union
I had a fairly bad experience with the union I was part of.
Local Food Workers #something or other (it's been like 9 years)

We had a payscale for General Merchandise stock clerks. Once you reached the top of the scale that was it. No more raises regardless of performance or time on the job. The new scale was put into effect evey 5 years. Working full time you could hit the top of the scale in about 1 year as raises were based on hours worked. This meant that as cost of living went up you were still stuck with a 1-4 year out pay rate. The non unionized stores in the area paid quite a bit more for the same work.

If you were even one minute early punching back in from lunch you were written up for working unauthorized overtime.
If you punched out late because you were assisitng a customer or were on a register you were often written up for the same reason. Unauthorized overtime. The union did nothing to prevent this as the contract specifically stated authorized overtime only.

When the teamsters went on strike, we as a sister union had to strike as well. $10.00 a day does not pay the bills. Of course the teamsters still received full pay during the strike.

Union reps failed to show up for any type of disciplanary meeting.

Full and part time workers had to pay the same dues. For some part time workers, this could take up almost 1/3 of their check.

I'm not saying all unions are bad or have as many problems. But mine was a nightmare.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:03 PM       
Alll groups with more than seven members tend toward nightmarishness.

Seven is the maximum number tolerable group dynamics can sustain.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:19 AM       
"See, when you "expect certain attitudes from certain people here and ... react accordingly." lacks charity, wich is a highly praised Christian value. And it shows a sad lack of faith on your part as well."

It doesn't lack charity. I treat you with respect. I try hard not to play your games. I don't attack you personally. There's nothing wrong with expecting certain attitudes form people. Christians aren't supposed to stick their heads in the sand. For you to tell me that in order to be a Christian I have to ignore every action you've taken before is crazy. I forgive you you all the name calling and ill will..THAT IS CHARITY.

"I hope every day that you will awake to how narrow your picture of God is."

I do. Remember the eye of the needle?

"I actively pray that you will examine your belief that God created eternal damnation in a lake of fire as a part of His cosmos."

I do. It's everywhere in the Bible.

"I believe that it hurts God that anyone thinks this of Him. With every post you make, I embrace the possibility that you might show signs of actually examining the nature of your faith, and I 'expect' you do far more than you let on."

Unless you're praying to Christ...your prayers are falling on deaf ears.