Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 09:05 AM        Hannity and Colmbs
Sean Hannity ripped Robert Kennedy Jr. last night so bad that I almost felt sorry for him.....almost.

The issue: SUV's

Hannity started off by asking is opinion on the matter. After Kennedy said that he supported the Anti-SUV crowd Sean blew him away.

He informed the audience that Robert Kennedy Jr. drove an SUV.

Kennedy lost it saying that Sean was hitting below the belt. You could see that Kennedy was quite embarrased.

Then Sean asked if Kennedy regularly took flights on private jets (which waste more fuel than the average SUV driver uses in a year). Kennedy refused to answer.....but then admitted to REGULARLY taking flights on private jets.

In short, the people behind this Anti-SUV debate want to tell you how to live by they themselves want it only to allpy to.....the little people. They have proven themselves to be elitists.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 10:08 AM       
"Sean Hannity ripped Robert Kennedy Jr. last night so bad that I almost felt sorry for him.....almost. "

Translation? You relished his personal discomfort. Not that I begrudge you that at all. It's very human. Just don't pretend to be other than what you are. You take pleasure in watching people squirm. What would Jesus do?

When I get a chance to read the transcript, I'll get back to you, but I'll toss a few points first.

1.) I don't think Kennedy should drive an S.U.V, whatever his reasons.
If he's going to lead on an issue a move like that bespeaks an irritating lack of forethought.

2.) I personally have nothing gainst an S.U.V. if the owner uses it as one. The family car when I grew up was a very early Jeep Wagoneer. We had it for camping, off road driving, and towing. I've met and one occasion worked with Kennedy and I can tell you unlike the VAST majority of current SUV owners, he takes his vehicle off road. I am not against all SUV's and would never question a person right to own one. I just think it's selfish, foolish, dangerous, pathetic and ridiculous. The more it's used for status the worse the case is. I am particulalry revolted by the concept of the "Luxury SUV", and you'd do well to read some of the more recent reports on how the auto industry crafts SUV ad campaigns to appeal to deliberatley appeal to the most crass values, as this is a demogrpahic easily parted from their money.

None of this changes the argument about SUV's, only the argument about Kennedy, which I'm not sure anyone was having, but be my guest and introdcue it. I think the larger issue you're looking at is hypocrisy amongst the pundits. I'd be happy to engage.

In the meantime concider the family of emotions which on one end of the spectrum allows you to gloat at public humiliation and on tghe other led Romans to feed Christians to the lions for sport.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 01:28 PM       
"Translation? You relished his personal discomfort. Not that I begrudge you that at all. It's very human. Just don't pretend to be other than what you are. You take pleasure in watching people squirm. What would Jesus do?"

Jesus wasn't into politics. I am. What would Jesus do? Well, should I grow out my hair, wear a robe and sandals and die on a cross?.....You've really put yourself in a box, Max.

"1.) I don't think Kennedy should drive an S.U.V, whatever his reasons.
If he's going to lead on an issue a move like that bespeaks an irritating lack of forethought."

Exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me, Maxi.

"2.) I personally have nothing gainst an S.U.V. if the owner uses it as one."

That's like saying "I personally have nothing against Max using his computer as long as he only goes to Jerry Falwell's official website." ..... It's none of your concern.

"The family car when I grew up was a very early Jeep Wagoneer. We had it for camping, off road driving, and towing. I've met and one occasion worked with Kennedy and I can tell you unlike the VAST majority of current SUV owners, he takes his vehicle off road."

But that's not what the anti-SUV movement is about. They say that if you drive an SUV you are a supporter of terrorism.....they fail to say that if you don't drive a hybrid you area supporter of terrorism...WHY?

"I am not against all SUV's and would never question a person right to own one. I just think it's selfish, foolish, dangerous, pathetic and ridiculous."

Then I have NO problem with your point of view....not at all.

"The more it's used for status the worse the case is. I am particulalry revolted by the concept of the "Luxury SUV", and you'd do well to read some of the more recent reports on how the auto industry crafts SUV ad campaigns to appeal to deliberatley appeal to the most crass values, as this is a demogrpahic easily parted from their money."

I think that would be good for the economy.....jack up the prices....more money to the car industry.....creates more jobs....That's a good thing right?

"None of this changes the argument about SUV's, only the argument about Kennedy, which I'm not sure anyone was having, but be my guest and introdcue it. I think the larger issue you're looking at is hypocrisy amongst the pundits. I'd be happy to engage."

Good.

"In the meantime concider the family of emotions which on one end of the spectrum allows you to gloat at public humiliation and on tghe other led Romans to feed Christians to the lions for sport."

You lost me. You must be talking about someone else.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 04:36 PM       
Naldo; you simply cannot be as stupid and credulous as you seem.

"Jesus wasn't into politics. I am."
That's kind of funny. He's our president's favorite political philosipher. Who's wrong here, Naldo, you or George? I thought W.W.J.D. was formula that can be applied to any aspect of ones life. Silly me.

As to what is and isn't other's peoples concerns, what are you doing here other than poking your nose into other folks business? Why would SUV's be out of bounds. And it's actually more like folks whereing really expensive ski boots as a fashion statement. It's dumb and it says you're a chump.

No one thinks SUVs contribute to terrorism. They think Oil prices do. SUV's use a lot more gas than is in any way neccesary for people who are chumps to dress up in. I do public transportation. If you can afford a hybrid, I think you should own one. It's better for the environemnt, and it puts less money into filthy hands, like Haliburton and Al Quaeda.

"Then I have NO problem with your point of view....not at all. "
Imagine my relief.

And no, Nald's, I'm talking about you and the obvious pleasure you take in political bloodsport. It made you happy to see Kennedy discomfitted. Be a man and admit it. Oh and I can't read the transcript. Unlike folks who actually care about the dissemination of knowledge or even their point of view, Fox makes you pay money for an e-transcript, which is what makes them a media whore and not just a media slut.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:20 PM       
"No one thinks SUVs contribute to terrorism. They think Oil prices do. SUV's use a lot more gas than is in any way neccesary for people who are chumps to dress up in. I do public transportation. If you can afford a hybrid, I think you should own one. It's better for the environemnt, and it puts less money into filthy hands, like Haliburton and Al Quaeda."

The fact that you put Haliburton and Al Queda in the same catigory discredits your argument. You are unable you reach outside of your little tiny box that you've created for yourself. The more extreme you people are, the more you fail to realte with real Americans and help the Conservative cause.

Keep talking.

"And no, Nald's, I'm talking about you and the obvious pleasure you take in political bloodsport. It made you happy to see Kennedy discomfitted. Be a man and admit it."

So. He was dead wrong and Hannity showed the rest of America just how wrong his views are by showing what hypocrites the people are who support it. ..... .kind of like Jesse Jackson being Clinton's spiritual advisor after the Monica affair....come to find out, he did the same exact thing.

"Oh and I can't read the transcript. Unlike folks who actually care about the dissemination of knowledge or even their point of view, Fox makes you pay money for an e-transcript, which is what makes them a media whore and not just a media slut."

If you want everything to be free, go live in North Korea. This is a free market capitalist society and you are free to leave.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:30 PM       
I agree to an extent with Raygun; the leader of an anti-SUV organization should under no circumstances be piloting one around. There are better vehicles for off-roading and it just makes him look like a jackass.

On the other hand, not everyone rides around in private jets, so while its effects on the environment maybe be worse per trip, there are a hell of a lot less usages of the vehicle. And by Raygun's logic that Americans should be allowed to covort about in whatever vehicle they see fit, for whatever purpose they deign, I hope that Exxon begins carrying the fuel for my Panzer and Combat Golf Cart.

Quote:
Quote:
Max: Fox makes you pay money for an e-transcript, which is what makes them a media whore and not just a media slut.
Quote:
Raygun: If you want everything to be free, go live in North Korea. This is a free market capitalist society and you are free to leave.
Freedom of information act. It's part of that obsolete transcript that was made a bajillion years ago or something.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:34 PM       
As the tanscript is unavailable, we have to view the event through Naldo's lense. A man who thinks Newsmax is journalism isn't much of a reporter.

Nald's ignore my statement that he relishes watching someone squirm, offerisng instead aanother instance where he relished watching someone squirm. Enjoying the discomfort of others is a nasty little trait, and dare I say it, Unchristian.

"The fact that you put Haliburton and Al Queda in the same catigory discredits your argument. You are unable you reach outside of your little tiny box that you've created for yourself. The more extreme you people are, the more you fail to realte with real Americans and help the Conservative cause."

The fact you wouldn't recognize irony or it's function if it 'bled to death on a cross for your sins 'You are unable you reach outside of your little tiny box that you've created for yourself. If anyone here thought I put them on the same par literally, please speak up and allow me to be shocked. Al Quaeda's motives are religous, and naturally far more dangerous and less likely to obey the laws of man than the profit driven Haliburton.

Ah. I can't relate to 'real Americans'. So now you know not only who the 'real Christinas' are, you also know who the 'real Amnericans' are. I find it hard to even imagine what it's like to know so much and peer so freely nd accurately into the hearts, minds and souls of others. It must be a comforting gift, 'Naldoi. Or Hubris, let me know when your wings start melting.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 09:39 AM       
I'm bumping this mostly to come back to a question I find pivotal, Nalds, because it relates to my continuing question about your feelings regarding doubts about anything.

Was Jesus 'into' Politics or not? Either you or W is wrong. I'm extremely curious to see who you think erred here. You may think it's just to put you on the spot, but quite sincerely you thought process is so foreign to me I often suspect you obscure it deliberately, and I have never met someone who seems to doubt and question things so infrequently.
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 09:57 AM       
Was Jesus into politics?

Probably not as much as I am. I don't think he played bass...drank guiness...played tennis....was married....drove a hybrid either? Does that make it wrong?
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 02:42 PM       
Dodging.

Whos wrong, you or W? Was Jesus 'not into politics' or a 'political philospher'.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:38 AM       
Jesus did play sports to my knowledge, does that mean playing baseball is wrong?

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:29 AM       
And on an equally related note, I am eating chinese food.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:31 AM       
Naldo... What happend to "Ask me a direct question?" You are dodging.

W. said when asked that Jesus was his favorite political philosipher.

You said that Jesus wasn't 'into' politics.

Despite your clims to the contrary it is very rare to see you say that YOU made a mistake and rrer still to see you say that one of your heros made a mistake. Here's a great opportunity to put up or shut up.

In your opinion, where you glib in your statement, or was W wrong in his assesment of Jesus? Or would you cre to equivicate, parse words and Clintonize on what the words 'favorite' 'political' and 'philosipher' mean?
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:34 AM       
According to Maxi, eating chinese food is a sin since Jesus didn't do it.

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:36 AM       
According to you, so is molesting little boys.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:43 AM       
Well! YEAH!

Of Course it's a sin!

What planet are you from?

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:44 AM       
I don't remember hearing anything about it in the bible.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:45 AM       
Perhaps you should pay more attention.

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:49 AM       
Why? Is the bible all about the molesting of little boys?

Apparently I don't know the bible as well as I thought I did
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:51 AM       
Not completely. But it's there.....

And no Cho, you must not.

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM       
Are we talking about the same thing here

I'm talking about a delicious cookbook that hotels supply you with
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:58 AM       
Me too.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:59 AM       
Naldo... What happend to "Ask me a direct question?" You are dodging.

W. said when asked that Jesus was his favorite political philosipher.

You said that Jesus wasn't 'into' politics.

Despite your clims to the contrary it is very rare to see you say that YOU made a mistake and rrer still to see you say that one of your heros made a mistake. Here's a great opportunity to put up or shut up.

In your opinion, where you glib in your statement, or was W wrong in his assesment of Jesus? Or would you cre to equivicate, parse words and Clintonize on what the words 'favorite' 'political' and 'philosipher' mean?

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:01 PM       
Come to think of it, the only thing I really remember from the bible is that chapter where Jesus puts a hat on a snowman and it comes to life.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:15 PM       
Well, Maxi I want to respond but you won't give me Bush's quote......I think it's fairly obvious that I can't just take you for your word.

Show me the quote with a link please.

If that's not too much trouble...