Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:47 AM        Bush More of a Failure than even I had thought...
Bush to Blair: First Iraq, Then Saudi
By Marie Woolf
The Independent UK

Sunday 16 October 2005

George Bush told the Prime Minister two months before the invasion of Iraq that Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and North Korea may also be dealt with over weapons of mass destruction, a top secret Downing Street memo shows.

The US President told Tony Blair, in a secret telephone conversation in January 2003 that he "wanted to go beyond Iraq".

He implied that the military action against Saddam Hussein was only a first step in the battle against WMD proliferation in a series of countries.

Mr Bush said he "wanted to go beyond Iraq in dealing with WMD proliferation", says the letter on Downing Street paper, marked secret and personal.

Wow. Hard to believe that as much damage as this guy has done, he originally thought and planned to do soooooo much more. Looked at from this perspective his War on Teror plans didn't go all that much further than his Social Security agenda.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:53 AM       
Now hang on a second, I'm not straight up doubting the veracity of this story, but weren't you the one who questioned what positive "news" i had posted on Iraq? I mean, the independent????

And what in that article gave you the impression that he intended to take military action with those nations. I mean, a big part of the neo-con boogey tale is that Iraq would be easier than others to topple, thus sending a "message" to other bad nations that we want to see reform and improve (we've seen token attempts in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Libya, which you could argue is exactly what the president was implying in that memo).
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:19 PM       
I just thought it was funny, frowny emoticon.

I honestly know little about the Brittish Media, is the Indepedant sloppy in their journalism? And are the taboid sloppy or Judith Miller sloppy?
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM       
Bush, as in the guy in the wite house, wanted to forcefully disarm the Suadis, as in the dudes whose monarch he was seen holding hands with and walkming through a garden? Wow, mindfuck.

Then again... Instead of trying to disarm Suadi Arabia through force, it would just be easier to not suck their collective dick and give them our best tanks in the first place.