Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM        Weekly Game Review: Fable 2
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Fable 2.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM       
I really enjoyed this one, being a big fan of the first one as well. Sure, this one is basically the same as the first one but with many more options, but I like that. Especially since this time you can actually buy everything, if you so desired (well, not everything. For some reason I can't buy the run-down shacks in the middle of nowhere).

Still has it's fair share of problems though. I am stunned that they got rid of the lock-on and map system of the first game, since those worked pretty well (definitely better than here). The big lack of clothing options this time around is also a little irritating. Finally, the game is still ridiculously short (15 hours is not epic in the least). And yeah, I agree, there's not really any big connection to the characters (no matter what they say; though I must admit, I loved the third hero).
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM       
So far, this seems to be the sequel to a game that I might not enjoy to play too much.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
I'd say it's more a rental title than anything. Having it for a week should give you plenty of time to beat the game and get everything you want out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing Dragon View Post
And yeah, I agree, there's not really any big connection to the characters (no matter what they say; though I must admit, I loved the third hero).
I think that's more thanks to Stephen Fry than any of the actual writing.

Leo Getz

s0n1c m0nk3y is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:59 PM       
Don't forget to complain about the Collector's Edition sometimes not coming with the additional content download code.

Microsoft gave the code away to anyone who e-mailed them, regardless of them owning the collector's edition or not. They also quit giving it out after new year's.
Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM       
I won't post any spoilers, but for anyone who 'beat' the game (completed the main story), they should be aware that the final confrontation was awful, and the ending wasn't all that much better.

My main gripe with the game is that a lot of it just fealt superflous. You could get new weapons but once you had a really good one (which you can probably get about halfway through the game), you don't really need them. You can buy multiple spells but once you have at least one bought at the highest level you're set. You can make money via property/work but the only reason to really make money is to buy more property. At the end of the game I had an obnoxiously deep pocket of potions I never really used so even though you can't die I was even in less danger of ever dieing.

You can chase your dog around to dig stuff up but once you realize a lot of the time you're digging up condoms or engagement rings (which you shouldn't need more than a couple of), that becomes boring. You can get married but since it only takes a few farts to charm someone into being your bride that's hardly interesting. You can have a kid but they don't do much, you can have a big sex party but you don't get anything for it.

The game has a lot of means but no ends, it's like a lot of tools but no real goals to shoot for.
40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM       
So Molyneux actually delivered on features he was preaching about? ASTOUNDING
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 01:15 PM       
Not even worth three pickles.
grants but one wish
greenimp is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 03:46 AM       
i played through a friends copy of this, not worth buying, as Dr. Boogie said, more of a rental then a buy... unless your a fable nut that is, then nothing anyone say's or does will stop you buying it :P
Forum Virgin
Beaner85 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM       
Fable II is an odd game; the action is great (the infinite magic, flourishes, and gun play), but everything else falls really flat. It took me about four hours to get tired of the simplified interactions, six hours to get sick of the "jobs", and at ten hours I could barely look my hero in the eyes. The quests, especially the side quests, come at random! "Oh, so I'm supposed to help a ghost revenge his heartbreak..." but how the F*&# did I know about said ghost? How do I know that I'm supposed to meet an archeologist? This really bothers me for some reason; why would I care about a certain quest if it simply "pops" into my quest log. Is it just me? Am I unknowingly skipping through dialogue scenes?

Anyhow, the graphics were also touch-and-go. At some points I would be impressed (even for 720 p), but at other times, the camera would jostle about in hallways or rooms to the point of nausea.

Compared to Fallout 3, Fable II falls short. Fallout allows for much more player-driven drama, customization, and decapitations! Personally, Fable's decapitations were what brought me back for round two!