Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
Apparently, one time he wrote a national news piece that was published with his picture next to it. A few weeks later, he was walking down a path (I think it was a small stretch of the Appalachian Trail) and he passed a few men who had walkie talkies and were wearing business suits, despite the weather and the bizarreness of wearing such on a hiking trail. A few minutes after that, Bill Clinton, then the President of the United States, passed him going the other direction and said, "well, hello Dr. Hamburger. I liked your article." or something like that.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM       
http://www.indiana.edu/~pepp/earthqu...tation_002.jpg

I told them last week to replace the green ink, and that's how Seth changed history.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:41 PM       
Looking at that makes me glad that I am not involved with Seismology
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
is he related to neil hamburger, america's funnyman
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM       
Well, to plug the data into IRIS they digitalized all the seismograms anyways, so those things exist right now only to give something that television reporters can scare people with.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM       
I just got my wisdom teeth removed today.
I hate life.
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM       
I couldn't think of a good reason to make a whole new thread about this, so:
My daughter's father just stopped by, and eventually brought the conversation around to his child and all the various things that seeing her entails. While I had prepared myself for a lot of things--he once tried to convince me to give her up to his parents--I really hadn't thought that he'd actually come out and tell me that he wants to legally give up his parental rights. As in, on monday.
I don't know, I guess.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM       
whoa
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM       
Would he still pay child support?
GET OUT
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM       
I don't know what the law is in NC, but apparently he's done research on the subject and is under the impression that terminating his rights means that he won't have to anymore. Haha anymore, he hasn't paid child support at all.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM       
Take the shitbag up on it

No offense, but seriously, he's a shitbag. I've got a drunkass, pretty irresponsible former coworker who's spinning out hard right now, and he's still sending his ex double what he needs to in child support (and they've had a crapload of huge, godawful fights, many within the past month).

If he doesn't care about his kid anyway, fuck 'em
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM       
And that coworker I mentioned doesn't even have a JOB right now, but he makes damn sure he scrounges up money for his son
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
Just discuss all of this with a lawyer very thoroughly before you agree to or say anything
GET OUT
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
Quote:
Take the shitbag up on it

No offense, but seriously, he's a shitbag. I've got a drunkass, pretty irresponsible former coworker who's spinning out hard right now, and he's still sending his ex double what he needs to in child support (and they've had a crapload of huge, godawful fights, many within the past month).

If he doesn't care about his kid anyway, fuck 'em
I've attempted to explain to people that don't quite agree with you (ie my mother, who thinks I need to latch onto the child support issue like a starved bulldog) that insisting on child support leaves open the possibility that he'd ask for visitation as well, and I'm sincerely concerned about her safety while under his care, and for good reason. Having him gone forever... I guess I can't imagine saying that you never want to see your child again, but I think the option he's presented will be the best for her in the long run.
And I don't care about money, I care about her.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
Just talk to a lawyer and make very sure that, if you two agree that he doesn't get rights or child support, that there is no way in hell that he can change his mind and meddle in your lives before the kid's eighteen
GET OUT
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
And that coworker I mentioned doesn't even have a JOB right now, but he makes damn sure he scrounges up money for his son
Haha. It's funny because her father did the exact opposite--quit his job so he wouldn't legally be asked to pay anything.

Quote:
Just discuss all of this with a lawyer very thoroughly before you agree to or say anything
Agreed.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM       
GRISLY AREN'T YOU A DISHWASHER OR SOMETHING? YOU COULD MOONLIGHT AS A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
If all it took to be lawyer was recommending to see another lawyer, Lionel Hutz would be rolling in it
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM       
Then we'd get the opening transfer sequence from Ikiru in our own legal system, and America would spawn a great up-and-coming, if a bit too sentimental, director to make a scathing social commentary about it and influence millions of aspiring film makers and America would be back on top of the cultural export arena

take that, ch*nks
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Even after it's all over, you can still demand the cumulative child support due that he's accrued.
GET OUT
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM       
I kind of feel like, if I agree with what he wants, that I don't want to be a cunt about the whole thing; I just want him gone in every way.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Sounds like he wants that too, for the moment. Just use it to your advantage and write him out while he's still game for it

But if you don't make sure he can't come back later, he will
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
Yes, please listen to Gus, you aren't going to be a cunt. You will be doing what is right for your child. Don't let you girl down, make sure this guy is LEGALLY removed.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM       
Well, how much do you need the money? Are you financially stable, or do you really need the money? And would it be even worth your time to force him to pay child support, or would the amount he could give be so small, as you said he quit his job, that it wouldn't even be worth it? Or would the extra lawyer fees probably be so high, that it'd end up costing more than you'd get from it? 'Cause if it would, yeah, sever the guy from your life as cleanly as possible.
He speaks truth!
GET OUT
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 06:32 PM       
It's not necessary to the point that it's worth the hassle of him. I guess we'll see on monday.