Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 04:18 PM        I am starting to realize...
...That the PS2 is the worst system of the main three.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
Are you also retarded?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Everyone's allowed to have their own opinions, no matter how wrong they may be. But it would be really great if you could flesh out your opinions more, to the point where it actually becomes mildly intelligent.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 06:20 PM       
DUDE IT SUX SO BAD.

PS2 is my least favorite system right now, but only because I don't like SOCOM, sports games, and FF. BUT IT STILL SUX SO BADD.
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 11:05 AM       
I'm not coming on here saying that it "SUX SO BAD". I have just been realizing that it's not very good. I used to have one, and loved it. But after awhile I realized Xbox was better, so I traded it and got that. I used to hate Gamecube, but now I play it all the time at friends who have it. I don't remember the last time I played PS2.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:12 PM       
PS2 is good for rhythm & wrestling. And that's about it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:34 PM       
*shrug* When I look at the titles for all three consoles, not only does the PS2 have a fairly large majority of exclusive titles that I enjoy playing and interest me, but the majority of exclusive titles on the other consoles really don't interest me at all.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I'm more than happy with my PS2 and the games I've played for it, and have yet to look for another console.

X-Box has some quality titles, but none in the vein that really interests me, especially to the point of purchasing the system at this time. And the Gamecube's exclusive titles are so few and far between, not to mention overrated, that it's not worth picking up just to have it collect dust for every 6 months, then be used for one or two months.

So, what makes the X-Box better to you? And what games do you play at your friend's house for the GC?
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:39 PM       
I PREFER ATARI JAGUAR GUYS
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
I like Rhythm, Wrestling and Platform games, and a FPS every once in a while, when I'm in the mood.

PS2 has Frequency, Amplitude, eJay Clubworld (Only ten bucks and really good) MTV Music Generator 2 and Music Mixxxer exclusive to it.

PS2 also has the Smackdown! series, the best wrestling game series of the three.

PS2 has three awesome exclusive platformers...they are Sly Cooper, Ratchet And Clank and Jak And Daxter.

PS2 has Red Faction and it's sequel, Deus Ex...and a few others, I'm sure, I just can't think of them.

So there you ninny.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:47 PM       
What's "Rhythm?" I've never heard of that genre...unless it's like those gay dancing games.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 04:19 PM       
Dance Dance Revolution-type games, in which the goal is to keep with the beat. It doesn't necessarily have to be dancing, though. Frequency or Karaoke Revolution also fall into that genre.

The PS2 is also the best for RPGs and fighting games.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 05:27 PM       
PS2 has far more games that interest me. Plus it has backwards compatibility and built-in DVD playing capability, both of which are major, major plusses for me. Xbox has the "tape" feature for vice city, but i don't need it bad enough to buy a whole new system. I don't ever plan on owning either other system, either. I'd rather spend my money on older, cheaper games and systems.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
After owning both a ps2 and a gamecube, I believe that they are both worth owning. they both have enough exclusive titles that are worth playing.

on the graphics side however, i still find gc to be superior. I am probaly gonna be getting an xbox soon as well. It might not have quite as many games, but it has enough, and the graphics are the best of all 3 :/
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 06:45 PM       
I use my Xbox to play DVD's, sure it sucked at first buying the remote, but I probably would have bought one for PS2 anyways, if I would have kept mine longer. I love FPS, and Xbox seems to have the most. The online system is better than PS2, and has the built in modem, compared to buying one. Also, I have downloaded many extras for games onto my hard drive, which also costs extra for PS2....

I view Gamecube as a fun multiplayer system, for games like Smash Bros, Monkey Ball, Double Dash, etc....

I never said that PS2 was a bad system, I just think that GC and Xbox are better. My friend has all three, and his PS2 hasn't been hooked up since he rented Vice City around the time it was released.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 06:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeefGyle
I view Gamecube as a fun multiplayer system, for games like Smash Bros, Monkey Ball, Double Dash, etc...
And that's one of the things I hate about the Gamecube. I don't know about you guys, but I don't always have three friends who I can hang out with at the drop of a hat to enjoy video games.

On top of which, not every multiplayer game is enjoyable for everyone. Double Dash and Monkey Ball, for example, bored me after a short while, and Mario Party is just getting worse with each installment. Smash Brothers is generally fun, but it's almost pointless with there being no strategy and little to no differences in characters.

On top of which, all the "multiplayer" games like those are typically not fun at all to play by yourself. So what's the point in buying a system geared towards multiplayer, when there is no online support, and you'll only play when you can arrange for you and your friends to hang out? And that's why it's at the bottom of my list.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 07:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The PS2 is also the best for RPGs and fighting games.
See and that's where you're wrong. Xbox has far far more superior fighting games then PS2. Like DOA3 and Capcom Vs SNK2EO. And there hasn't been one RPG on the PS2 that was even sort of enjoyable. Besides, Xbox has KOTOR, which I would rather play then any of the FFs.

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I don't always have three friends who I can hang out with at the drop of a hat to enjoy video games.
Do you even have friends...?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 07:27 PM       
They all suck. PC 4ever.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 07:31 PM       
TRU
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 08:35 PM       
MMORPG, FPS and Stratergy games belong to the PC.

Racing games, Fighting Games, and Normal RP Games belong to the PS2.

Party Style Games Belong to the Gamecube

And X-Box gets whatever. Cross between all systems.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 08:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
See and that's where you're wrong. Xbox has far far more superior fighting games then PS2. Like DOA3 and Capcom Vs SNK2EO. And there hasn't been one RPG on the PS2 that was even sort of enjoyable. Besides, Xbox has KOTOR, which I would rather play then any of the FFs.
Well, the fighting game comment was more in regards to the controller, than the library. For the most part, I've often heard mild complaints about how the XBox and GC controllers are really not ideal to use for those types of games.

The RPG comment, however, was in regards to the library. It's a matter of opinion if you don't like them, but the PS2 is primarily the console you turn to if you like RPGs. The XBox has some, and the Gamecube has virtually none.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 08:48 PM       
I have no problem with the x-box controller. It looks big, but really you get used to it. And gamecube's controller is one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever felt.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 08:59 PM       
I don't like the normal X-box controller--I always reach for an S controller. I
Mocker
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 09:03 PM       
I could see the ps2 controller being the best for fighters though, at least for me because I think I like using the digital pad more than an analog stick.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
The ps2 controller is the greatest controller of all time. i wish they made a ps2 controller that could work with all systems. dont they make a nes controller for the game cube? i think it was made for the gba player thing...
Mocker
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
Actaully I think the ps2 controller otherwise kinda sucks, just for the fact taht the analog sticks are akwardly placed, and since so many games require its use these days it sucks. Otherwise I like them a alright...