Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 09:55 PM       
I tried absinthe today. Yes, I'm a faggot, whatever. I won't bore you with the details, so:

-Got fucking hammered after a single glass
-Kinda tastes like Ouzo
-Expensive (60 bucks for a 750 ml bottle)
-Makes people think you're a fag
-Am drunk but not wasted, i.e. I'm still lucid and can comprehend my environment to the point of normal functionality. I guess that's the main psychoactive effect everyone's on about. It's slightly different from being normally drunk, but not enough to write home about.

I definitely like it, but it's too expensive to buy for anything but special occasions. Luckily, I don't need that much to get properly retarded, so every bottle will probably last a while.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM       
We have a bottle of Absente. We drank it in the recommended proportions to water and sugar, absolutely nothing happened.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM       
Mmmm. I have warm memories of it and ouzo. But licorice candies make me gag. Strange.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM       
if you didnt drink one with thujone made in one of the few countries where allowing thujone alkaloids into absinthe is acceptable, then you imagined everything.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM       
Now I want some ouzo... Prick.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:56 AM       
thujone doesn't do very much re: getting high, especially at the levels you'd find it at in absinthe

unless you like muscle spasms i guess
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM       
But if you get the right kind you can kill nicole kidman.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM       
Absente has very little thujone, so I'm sure that might have been a factor. It was still fairly pricey (about $40 a bottle when I bought it last February) and all of the paraphernalia adds up. I could have had real absinthe in Prague, except I was 17 and with my parents, so no.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
-Kinda tastes like Ouzo
This is all I can remember about when I had absinthe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan View Post
It wasn't anything great, but when I got wasted enough I lifted the bottle in the air and made the Predator clicking noise.
Hahaha this is awesome. I couldn't think of anything to do with mine, but it mixed up well with some stuff and wasn't bad straight. That's def a bottle I'll be hanging on to though.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I tried absinthe today. Yes, I'm a faggot, whatever. I won't bore you with the details, so:

-Got fucking hammered after a single glass
-Kinda tastes like Ouzo
-Expensive (60 bucks for a 750 ml bottle)
-Makes people think you're a fag
-Am drunk but not wasted, i.e. I'm still lucid and can comprehend my environment to the point of normal functionality. I guess that's the main psychoactive effect everyone's on about. It's slightly different from being normally drunk, but not enough to write home about.

I definitely like it, but it's too expensive to buy for anything but special occasions. Luckily, I don't need that much to get properly retarded, so every bottle will probably last a while.

Absinthe now is not the same as absinthe at the turn of the century. It used to be made with Thujone, opium, and other narcotic compounds, but now it contains nothing of the sort.

All you're left with is an expensive, clear version of Sambuca with extra alcohol.

That said, i had some Lucid about a week ago and it was okay, but i wasn't really impressed. Which one did you have?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM       
when i want green sort of licorice and herbs flavored liquor i drink chartreuse

the only liquor to have a color named after it

Spoilers!
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM       
I think it is, but it's made by monks. Or at least it used to be. I saw the monastery from my train window but zipped by
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM       
I MISSED ALL THE EUROPEAN BOOZE HOTSPOTS

except in Italy, where my mom got drunk on a jug of wine and started going into hysterics about a dog that was in the restaurant and we just about left her there.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I think it is, but it's made by monks. Or at least it used to be. I saw the monkery from my train window but zipped by
fixed
OH GOD
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM       
i-monkery.com visits monsterpalooza
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:44 PM       
i-mockery starring shane macgowan
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:31 PM       
Quote:
Which one did you have?
Lucid, same as you. Shit makes me sleepy.

It says it's got grand wormwood in it, so I think it should have at least a little thujone. Whether or not it's enough to do anything is another matter entirely, though. I didn't know traditional absinthe had opium in it, either, I guess that's why they banned it.
OH GOD
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM       
that's also why it actually used to DO something apart from get you drunk
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM       
I'm on the fence with this one - Michael Collins Irish Whiskey. Single malt, "lightly peated" it doesn't taste like a blend, but it's not as tasty as Connemara. It's not quite as smooth, either, but that's part of being a single malt. Expensive, but I'm not sure it's worth the bucks. Good, not great.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM       
I had a sip of the whiskey-cherry juice the cherries had been soaking in for months. It was pretty okay.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM       
Anyone see that new tobasco whiskey?
Forum Virgin
halloween3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:13 AM       
smithwicks ale!!!!

Last edited by halloween3 : Oct 26th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM       
Has anyone tried the alcohol whipped cream? I keep seeing it and wondering, but I'm just not understanding what it adds to any given situation.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM       
it doesn't have high enough levels of thujone or it would be illegal.

on the bright-side I'm sure wherever you buy your kratom has concentrated thujone alkaloids.
and you can get your opium from somebodies lawn!