Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin
eliz.lanier is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM        What's the weirdest film you've seen yet?
For me it's probably Memento. The plot synopsis is basically this: a young man's wife is murdered and during the incident, he loses his ability to form long term memories. He forgets everything after a few moments, so, in a sense, he's constantly "thinking backwards" to try and sort out what's going on. He has tattoos all over his body to remind him of clues of who killed his wife and plans to get revenge.

The movie moves backwards in time throughout the color scenes and in black and white scenes moves chronologically. Makes it a bit hard to follow. Was a pretty good movie though.

Also, I thought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Requiem for a Dream, A Clockwork Orange, and Waking Life were all odd- but in good ways.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM       
Neco z Alenky (Alice)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095715/

Last edited by executioneer : Mar 4th, 2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: SPALLING
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:06 AM       
Terry Gilliam's Tideland as i remember is the last weirdy that i saw, i watched because of Jeff Bridges cuz i though that he gonna make a groovy character like in Big Lewonsky that he actually did but was in a short appearance, when his character gone i fell that i just have to keep dealing with the whole movie, that turns out to be weirderst one .
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:08 AM       
tideland was alright, idk if it was the weirdest movie i'd seen. BUT THEN AGAIN, I can't think of the weirdest one ;_;
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:30 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZedXzxAY5A srsly
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:29 AM       
i'm d/ling that alice movie, it looks neat. :o
OH GOD
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:52 AM       
svankmajer's "food" and "darkness/light/darkness" are both pretty funny and bizarre, too

edit: but they also both have w*eners in them, so nsfw i guess

Last edited by executioneer : Mar 4th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Forum Virgin
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
That is really weird. I get creeped out by moving dolls, don't know if I could watch the whole thing haha
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM       
Spirited Away. What the fuck was that movie even about
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
Gozu would probably be around the top of the list, I guess
Forum Virgin
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Spirited Away. What the fuck was that movie even about
Are you kidding? That movies one of my favorites haha
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM       
I wouldn't say it's the weirdest, but it definitely qualifies as weird. It's a 6-minute short film called "Rubber Johnny" by Chris Cunningham. Bought it on DVD a while back and liked it a lot. Check it out here. Much better to watch it on a big TV, but still this should give you the basic idea...
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM       
Yeah, rubber johnny was cool. I think there was an aphex twin music video to go with it too.

Edit: Oh, that's what you linked to

That was very funny. Well done.

Last edited by Zomboid : Mar 4th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM       
Eye of the Beholder, good and weird.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM       
EotB was hardly weird, FZ.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
The plot was weird. And creepy.

And besides, it's not "What's the weirdest film Pub Lover's seen yet?"
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 05:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
this movie was gooooodd :o
OH GOD
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:21 AM       
i've only seen the whole thing once, but i remember lots of it creeped the bejeezus outta me
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM       
good call on both gozu and alice. I really like svankmajer's work; have you seen Faust, willie? as for gozu, if I were having sex with a girl and my dead yakuza brother grabbed my dick and pulled his way out of her snatch, that would probably rank UP THERE among my top weird moments.

ALSO, Tetsuo the Iron Man, Electric Dragon 80,000 V, Rubber's Lover, and Strange Circus to name a few!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
eraserhead by David Lynch. Kind of hard to sit through, not unbearable. It makes you think a lot about life though.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM       
By far the weirdest movie I've seen has to be Gummo. The scene with the rednecks arm wrestling in the kitchen was pure gold. Also, the two brothers fist fighting was great, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummo

EDIT: Here's a delightful scene for you to feast your peepers on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EP_nXPNJ8Fo&feature=related

Last edited by WhiteRat : Mar 7th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM       
I remember one that a saw back when i was i kid: Roadside Prophets with John Doe and beastie boys dude, i remeber it was a weird one too, a trippie one like Easy Ryder

Also the japanese are getting weirder: Beat Takeshi's Takeshis and Takashi Miike's Izo, i saw each one 3 times, the third time i didn't catch them either
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:07 AM       
Weirdest movie ever? If we are talking commercial releases (theater releases) it has to be The Forbidden Zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Uh-AFFDys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfAP4BCySOo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88tJX6Ru3ew

I love this film.

Pink Flamingos comes in a close second. That is saying a lot since Pink Flamingos featured full figured transvestite Divine graphically blowing her on screen son then eating fresh dog shit. Also, there is a sex scene involving a chicken.

Part of the promotional campaign included handing out barf bags.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM       
Up until I saw those clips, I would have said Pink Floyd's The Wall, and, to a slightly lesser extent, Jacob's Ladder.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 01:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
By far the weirdest movie I've seen has to be Gummo. The scene with the rednecks arm wrestling in the kitchen was pure gold. Also, the two brothers fist fighting was great, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummo
i liked this movie tooooo, better than KIDS by far ;<